The holiday season is here and with the last few months of lockdown thankfully behind us, it’s time to get the diary out and begin planning your next catch up with family and friends. Family-owned spirit business, Bacardi-Martini Australia have teamed up with iconic content-creator and stylist, Rhonda Withers, The Margarita Mum to provide you with insight on the must-have tips and cocktail recipes for the upcoming festive season.
Whether it’s a catch up with friends or hosting the extended family, make sure you’re ready with these swoon-worthy tablescapes and the latest trending, luxe cocktails to tantalise your guests’ taste buds with vivid inspiration and tips. GREY GOOSE, Bombay Sapphire, BACARDÍ and Patrón from the Bacardi-Martini Australia family have something for everyone.
From adding French flair and sophistication with GREY GOOSE, to crafting creative centrepieces with Bombay Sapphire, bringing the party to any moment with BACARDÍ summer cocktails, through to raising spirits of the seasons with Patrón food pairings, there is something for every type of moment and entertainer this summer.
Georgie Mann, Bacardi-Martini Australia Brand Ambassador said “We love a celebration here at Bacardi-Martini Australia and the festive season is one of the best times to enjoy a cocktail or two. There’s nothing better than seeing people being creative with our spirits and sharing them with friends and family. The festive season can be a busy time so we wanted to put some delicious and easy-to-make recipes together to inspire people, as well as collaborate with The Margarita Mum to showcase fun ways host and entertain with the cocktails.” said Mann.
Melbourne-based stylist, The Margarita Mum, has shared some lessons she’s learnt during her time creating visual masterpieces. Having gained a cult-like following now of people wanting to find cocktail inspiration and entertaining tricks, she has created some amazing recipes, tips and imagery to help you this festive season.
“These are just some of the tips I use when creating something special for my friends and family and I‘m so excited to share.”
“I’m a big fan of upcycling items and love being creative with what’s already in my home. For example, I’m always re-using left-over bottles to create a vase or a candle stick holder for a quirky touch.” said Withers.
“I love being unique in my tablescapes, so upcycling items means you can add your own personality which creates talkability with friends and family. You don’t need to spend huge amounts of time and money on creating something beautiful for you next party, you can use what you have and stick to a budget.”
7 Ultimate Tips to Elevate Any Occasion by The Margarita Mum
Always invest in quality cocktail ingredients from trusted sources! From there it’s all about…
1. Glassware, always glassware. I love presenting trays of mis-matching glassware so that guests can choose their favourite glass to sip from.
2. Platters – I love platters, it is worth investing in platters of various sizes so that you can cater adequately for the guests (I am an over feeder!).
3. Edible Garnishes, nothing finishes a platter off more beautifully than edible flowers, thyme, rosemary to dehydrated fruit.
4. Ice – good quality Ice. And lots of it. I always have an ice bucket with ice tongs filled and ready.
5. Bar Trolley, I like to prepare a bar trolley especially for each event. It will showcase the alcohol that will be used to create the delicious cocktails.
6. Pre-Prepare Drinks, there are many cocktails that can be pre-batched and can be chilled and ready to pour when the guests arrive.
7. Alcohol Free Options: it’s essential to ensure that you are serving alcohol responsibility and that you keep your guests well hydrated. It is also fabulous courtesy to provide options for those that choose not to drink alcohol and the designated driver. A beautiful tray with water infused with fresh fruit and presented with exquisite glassware always looks fabulous.
Always drink responsibly.